- WINDHOEK CITY COUNCIL TO IMPLEMENT WATER RESTRICTION IN NAMIBIA
- KENYA MINISTER SET TO COMMISSION ROADS LINKING SHAKAHOLA FOREST
- DOUBLING OF RESSANO GARCIA RAILWAY TRACK ON COURSE FOR COMPLETION IN MOZAMBIQUE
- GAFI AND PETROTRADE SIGN DEAL TO REGULATE PETROLEUM WASTE IN EGYPT
- RESIDENT CALLS ON GAMBIA GOVT. TO CONSTRUCT A PROPER MARKET STRUCTURE
ALGERIA’S TRANSPORT MINISTER SACKED OVER CATERING SUPPLIES CONTRACT
Algerian President Abdelmadjid Tebboune has sacked the transport minister and the CEO of the country’s flag carrier Air Algeria, according to the Presidency.
A presidential statement said Lazhar Hani and Bakhouche Alleche were dismissed over the purchase of catering supplies from abroad “without taking into consideration the country’s economic context and the priority given to the national productions”.
The head of catering at the company was also relieved of his duties.
Algeria is struggling to reduce its imports bill over the decline in oil prices in recent years. The country’s foreign reserves dropped to $50 billion, down from $194 in 2014.
SOURCE: Anadolu Agency