- GAS RESEARCH INSTITUTE BUILDING COMMISSIONED IN ALGERIA
- NIGERIA GOVT. SIGN MoU WITH UK FIRM TO DEVELOP ABUJA TECH CITY
- HOW THE NTUI-MANKIM HIGHWAY PROJECT IS SHARPING CAMEROON ENGINEERS
- FIRST PHASE OF MOZAMBIQUE RESSANO GARCIA RAILWAY LINE COMPLETED
- CONSTRUCTION OF DRINKING WATER SUPPLY SYSTEM AT 95% COMPLETE IN TOGO
Chilewa Investments Limited acts as intermediaries to recruit, build capacities, train and manage competent contract staffs, lease equipment and provide transportation services, and also mediate for Oil & Gas companies.
Chilewa Investments Limited, a manpower and Oil & Gas logistics support services provider, is currently recruiting for a General Mechanic (Japanese Vehicles Specialist) to an Oil and Gas Servicing Company in Port Harcourt.
Job Title: General Mechanic (Japanese Vehicles Specialist)
Job Type: Full time
Qualification: BA/BSc/HND/SSCE (Any of these qualifications are acceptable)
Trade Test, Diploma, OND or HND in Automotive or Mechanical Engineering
Valid Commercial Driver’s license.
Experience: 5-7 years with Petrol and Diesel heavy and light duty vehicles. Experience with Japanese cars is preferred
Location: Port Harcourt
- The mechanic will perform diagnostic tests on vehicles, and complete inspection, maintenance and repairs on light vehicles, trucks, trailers, forklifts, pickups, and other heavy-duty vehicles.
- As a technician, you will keep track of important system components such as diesel engines, transmissions, brake systems, electrical systems, cooling systems, and steering systems.
- Replace vehicle engines, steering mechanisms, transmissions and braking systems, Check vehicle lighting systems, Test driving vehicles to gauge performance.
- Perform preventative maintenance and service light and heavy vehicles.
- Maintain detailed records of serviced vehicles. Adhere to detailed inspection procedure checklist and maintain parts inventory.
- Inspect vehicles, engines, transmissions etc. and run diagnostic tests to discover functionality issues
- Conduct repairs aiming for maximum reliability
- Troubleshoot reported problems and resolve them in a timely manner
- Perform thorough maintenance on vehicles, equipment and systems
- Provide consultation on correct maintenance and preventative measures to vehicle users
- Undertake other duties as assigned
Skills and Proficiencies
Aptitude in using various hand tools (screwdrivers, hammers etc.) and precision measurement tools (e.g. calipers)
Ability to follow established procedures and practices and read instruction, blueprints etc. A strong commitment to all health and safety guidelines
Very good communication skills
A problem-solving ability
Very good physical strength and stamina.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should therefore send their curriculum vitae (CV) to email@example.com
Note: CV file name should be in the following format: “Position Applied for – Your Name”
Example: ”General Mechanic” – John Doe”