- CONSTRUCTION OF LONG AWAITED GUMARE HOSPITAL SET TO KICK IN BOTSWANA
- CONSTRUCTION OF GREATER CAIRO MONORAIL PROJECT AT 90% COMPLETE IN EGYPT
- NIGERIA REPS AND NSE MEMBERS CLASH AT PLENARY SESSION OVER CONCRETE TECHNOLOGY
- GSA TO MONITOR PERFORMANCE OF CEMENT MANUFACTURING COMPANIES TO ENFORCE ITS STANDARD
- CONSTRUCTION OF KANYE STADIUM BEGINS IN BOTSWANA
The renovation plans for Essipun Sports Stadium is set to kick-off after funds were approved. Minister of Youth and Sports (MoYS), Isaac Kwame Asiamah made the announcement of the US$3,086,206 (GH¢17,969,447) for the renovation.
The initial phase of the renovation will be the replacement of defective roofing sheets and works on damaged roof structural steel frames. While water proof treatment would be applied to leaky areas with plans to also safeguard against corrosion of all metal structures by applying heavy duty coating.
Other area to be renovated are elevators, the fire-fighting system, air condition units, offices and plumbing works involving defective sanitary appliances.
Asiamah said a maintenance models will be provided to prevent the sporting arenas from falling into deplorable conditions in the future.
The stadium was built for the 2008 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) tournament and this will be the first major facelift since its construction over 12years ago.
The project will be supervised by the Architectural and Engineering Services (AESL) Limited with CISDAN Limited serving as the contractors.