- WINDHOEK CITY COUNCIL TO IMPLEMENT WATER RESTRICTION IN NAMIBIA
- KENYA MINISTER SET TO COMMISSION ROADS LINKING SHAKAHOLA FOREST
- DOUBLING OF RESSANO GARCIA RAILWAY TRACK ON COURSE FOR COMPLETION IN MOZAMBIQUE
- GAFI AND PETROTRADE SIGN DEAL TO REGULATE PETROLEUM WASTE IN EGYPT
- RESIDENT CALLS ON GAMBIA GOVT. TO CONSTRUCT A PROPER MARKET STRUCTURE
LEAD O&M MECHANICAL ADVISOR AT GENERAL ELECTRIC (GE), ALGERIA
GE drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. GE is looking for Mechanical Advisor to maintain all power plant process in Algeria.
Mechanical Advisor is responsible for managing all aspects of the maintenance of the power plant mechanical equipment by advising and coordinating the mechanical maintenance works through Customer’s Workforce to ensure safe, reliable and efficient plant operations.
- Develop site specific preventive and predictive maintenance program in coordination with relevant GE and Customer’s team members.
- Advise the Customer’s team for proper implementation of the maintenance programs through site Computerized Maintenance Management System(CMMS).
- Advise and coordinate with Customer for planned and unplanned maintenance activities of the plant mechanical equipment.
- Assist and advise the Customer for trouble shooting of faults and problems on mechanical equipment.
- Advise the Customer’s team to maintain records and reports related maintenance works.
- Coordinate with O&M Advisor, CMMS/Planning Specialist and Customer for proper planning and scheduling of the outage works with due regard to annual scheduled maintenance plan.
- Assess plant needs for spare parts, tools & supplies, generate material requisitions and ensure timely procurement of the same by close coordination with Sourcing Specialist and GE O&M Advisory Leadership team.
- Co-ordinate with Customer’s Warehouse team for adequate inventory management by using CMMS.
- Ensure compliance with GE and Customer’s EHS policies, programs & procedures as applicable.
- Advise the Customer for control of all maintenance documents as outlined in site Quality Management System
- Advise the Customer for the set up and operation of site mechanical workshop/lab
- Guide Customer team to implement a comprehensive set of maintenance procedures covering all aspects of the mechanical maintenance
- Ensure compliance with requirements for environmental, health and safety requirements in applicable plant operation advisory activities.
- Ensure implementation of Log-Out/Tag Out (LOTO) System by the Customer in accordance with the Customer’s policies and procedures in line with provisions of the O&M Contract.
- Coordinate with GE O&M Centre of Excellence (CoE) team, GE Engineering and other O&M support team for the resolution of complex issues relevant to plant operations.
- Graduate Engineer in Mechanical from an accredited College or University.
- Minimum six years of combined cycle power plant O&M experience with minimum three years in team lead position in plant mechanical maintenance.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and French languages. Knowledge of Arabic language will be an advantage
- Strong project management, problem solving and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Good oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of an organization.
- Experience of costing, planning and managing plant outages
- Proficiency with computer tools
- Six Sigma training or equivalent quality training is preferred
- Ability to apply statistical methods for process improvement.
- Practical experience of Computerized Maintenance Management System (Preferably COSWIN (v.8i).
For more details click Here