- CONSTRUCTION OF FIRST NUCLEAR POWER PLANT TO BEGIN IN KENYA
- RWANDA GOVT. APPROVED US$52MILLION FOR EXPANSION OF KARENGE TREATMENT PLANT
- SOUTH AFRICA SIU SET TO PROBE CONSTRUCTION OF TREATMENT PROJECT
- GOVERNMENT PRIORITISING INVESTMENT IN INFRASTRUCTURE FOR ECONOMIC GROWTH - DEPUTY PRESIDENT, PAUL MASHATILE, AT THE UNESCO 9TH AFRICA ENGINEERING WEEK
- TANZANIA GOVT. SIGN DEAL WORTH 276BILLION FOR TACTIC PROJECTS
Central Bank of Liberia (CBL) to create public awareness among key CBL stakeholders with new economic forum series.
Central Bank of Liberia (CBL) is making plans to launch a new economic forum series. This series will help Economic forums to have a dialogue on topical domestic and global economic issues.
According to a release by CBL, the event will be the first in a series of bi-monthly economic forums. It will aim to create public awareness among key CBL stakeholders on the economic policies of the government. This will also include the monetary and financial policies of the Bank, and issues affecting the Liberian economy.
CBL Governor Hon. Nathaniel R. Patray, III will give the keynote speech during the launch. The Launch is set for Thursday July 11, 2019 with the theme; “Taking Stock of the Central Bank of Liberia’s Monetary Policy Regime and Operations over the Last Eighteen Years (2000 – 2018)”.
Meanwhile, the launch will serve as a new series of public dialogue to collect public feedback on the Bank’s policies as well as the general economic policies of the government.
CBL wants to engage the public on the financial and macroeconomic policy decisions it is embarking. This will help create transparency and better public understanding of CBL operations.