- GAS RESEARCH INSTITUTE BUILDING COMMISSIONED IN ALGERIA
- NIGERIA GOVT. SIGN MoU WITH UK FIRM TO DEVELOP ABUJA TECH CITY
- HOW THE NTUI-MANKIM HIGHWAY PROJECT IS SHARPING CAMEROON ENGINEERS
- FIRST PHASE OF MOZAMBIQUE RESSANO GARCIA RAILWAY LINE COMPLETED
- CONSTRUCTION OF DRINKING WATER SUPPLY SYSTEM AT 95% COMPLETE IN TOGO
Plans underway for the construction of a water project by harare city council.
Harare city council are in talks with turkish firm over a deal to construct a water project. The project will be under the US$3.2 billion water source for the nation.
According to the deal, it will be on a built, operation and transfer basis. Harare city council will engage Lidwala Specialist Solutions to help provide a detailed proposal for the project.
Lidwala general manager Corneles Groesbeek said ”His company was structuring a finance model for the project to ensure the commencement of the deal.”
For some time now, Harare has been struggling to provide enough water to its residents. This is largely due to polluted and dwindling water sources as well as shaky infrastructure.
The Zimbabwe Government will need to provide standby guarantees for purchase of the infrastructure. This will be in the event whereby the infrastructure was nationalised through political unrest or other factors.
Harare currently supplies 20 to 25 megalitres of water per day depending on availability in Chitungwiza town.