- CONSTRUCTION OF LONG AWAITED GUMARE HOSPITAL SET TO KICK IN BOTSWANA
- CONSTRUCTION OF GREATER CAIRO MONORAIL PROJECT AT 90% COMPLETE IN EGYPT
- NIGERIA REPS AND NSE MEMBERS CLASH AT PLENARY SESSION OVER CONCRETE TECHNOLOGY
- GSA TO MONITOR PERFORMANCE OF CEMENT MANUFACTURING COMPANIES TO ENFORCE ITS STANDARD
- CONSTRUCTION OF KANYE STADIUM BEGINS IN BOTSWANA
Malawi Government has identified a site where the Orton Chirwa International Airport will be constructed in the city of Mzuzu. The location for the proposed airport will be at Lusangazi.
According to Deputy Minister of Lands, Deus Gumba, projects like these are in alignment with Malawi Vision 2063 which is currently being operationalized by President Lazarus Chakwera with emphasis on the importance of infrastructure development in transforming the country.
So far, paperwork is at an advanced stage as assessment for compensation to project affected persons was already done and the project is expected to commence as soon as possible.
Speaking when he visited the site, Gumba said among other things, the two projects will contribute to job creation.
“Very soon these issues of compensation will be sorted out. We are taking them up with our colleagues at Treasury. Assessments were already done,” explained Gumba.
Chief Executive Officer for Mzuzu City Council, Gomezgani Nyasulu, hailed the communities for welcoming the development projects.
“The next move is to do the final valuations and compensate the residents to allow them to relocate to other areas. The good thing is that the communities have received the projects wholeheartedly,” he said.
Village Head Ngulube of Dunduzu asked the government to speed up the processes for the projects to commence.