- ZIMBABWE MUKUYU GAS FIELD RANKED SECOND LARGEST IN SUB-SAHARAN AFRICA
- WHY HO AIRPORT IS STILL NOT OPERATIONAL NEARLY SIX YEARS AFTER COMPLETION IN GHANA
- ETHIOPIA ELECTRIC POWER SET TO CONNECT POWER POOLS TO SOUTH AFRICA
- DELAYED BEAU VALLON PROMENADE PROJECT FINALLY KICK-OFF IN SEYCHELLES
- HOW LIBERIA NEED US$1 BILLION TO RESOLVE ELECTRICITY SHORTAGE
Thwake Multipurpose Dam is a project under the Tanathi Water Services Board (TAWSB) and entails harnessing of the fluctuating flows of the Athi River and the seasonal water from Thwake River. The dam will provide water supply for domestic, livestock, irrigation, hydropower and even industrial activities in the beneficiary districts. It will largely serve areas in Makueni and neighbouring districts but also certain parts of Kitui based on topography
With the completion of mega dam, over 1.3 million residents of lower eastern counties of Kitui, Makueni, Machakos will have access to clean treated water. The dam will also supply clean water to the upcoming Konza technopolis in addition to its use in irrigation and generation of 20MW of hydroelectric power.