- EGYPT SET TO RECEIVE RENEWABLE ENERGY BOOAST WITH US$10BN INVESTMENT
- NIGERIA ELECTRICITY CHALLANGES: HOW NATIONAL GRID COLLAPSED POSE A PROBLEM
- TANZANIA FISHING PORT PROJECT: WHY CURRENT PRESIDENT IS EXCITED ABOUT IT
- RWANDA LARGEST SHOPPING CENTER: THE INZOVA MALL INSIGHT
- REASON WHY LIBYA DAM COLLAPSED: EXPERTS VIEW
Thwake Multipurpose Dam is a project under the Tanathi Water Services Board (TAWSB) and entails harnessing of the fluctuating flows of the Athi River and the seasonal water from Thwake River. The dam will provide water supply for domestic, livestock, irrigation, hydropower and even industrial activities in the beneficiary districts. It will largely serve areas in Makueni and neighbouring districts but also certain parts of Kitui based on topography
With the completion of mega dam, over 1.3 million residents of lower eastern counties of Kitui, Makueni, Machakos will have access to clean treated water. The dam will also supply clean water to the upcoming Konza technopolis in addition to its use in irrigation and generation of 20MW of hydroelectric power.