- EGYPT SET TO RECEIVE RENEWABLE ENERGY BOOAST WITH US$10BN INVESTMENT
- NIGERIA ELECTRICITY CHALLANGES: HOW NATIONAL GRID COLLAPSED POSE A PROBLEM
- TANZANIA FISHING PORT PROJECT: WHY CURRENT PRESIDENT IS EXCITED ABOUT IT
- RWANDA LARGEST SHOPPING CENTER: THE INZOVA MALL INSIGHT
- REASON WHY LIBYA DAM COLLAPSED: EXPERTS VIEW
His Excellency Adama Barrow, the President of The Republic of The Gambia, is expected to preside over the inauguration of the newly completed double-surface constructed North Bank Rural Roads- Lot 2 by the end of this month as preparations are in high gear for the upcoming event.
The much-awaited, dubbed Rural Roads Project- Lot 2, which is 48km, covered settlements such as Kaur Janneh Kunda – Jimbala- Kaur – Kerr Chaindu – Chamen – Nyanga Bantang – Kerr Gibi – Batti Ndarr.
According to officials of the Ministry of Transport, Works, and Infrastructure, the entire road project would potentially serve as a link between towns and villages in the northern part of the Gambia, by extension Senegal and beyond, and boost trade and services as well in that part of rural Gambia.
The construction project works consist of the construction of drainage structures, environmental and health safety management, with traffic sign boards and guardrails at high embankments. The project was locally funded by the Government of The Gambia.
It could be recalled that sometime around March this year, The Gambian leader inaugurated the North Bank Rural Roads Project LOT1, at a ceremony held at Sara Kunda, North Bank Region.