- WINDHOEK CITY COUNCIL TO IMPLEMENT WATER RESTRICTION IN NAMIBIA
- KENYA MINISTER SET TO COMMISSION ROADS LINKING SHAKAHOLA FOREST
- DOUBLING OF RESSANO GARCIA RAILWAY TRACK ON COURSE FOR COMPLETION IN MOZAMBIQUE
- GAFI AND PETROTRADE SIGN DEAL TO REGULATE PETROLEUM WASTE IN EGYPT
- RESIDENT CALLS ON GAMBIA GOVT. TO CONSTRUCT A PROPER MARKET STRUCTURE
DR. AKINWUMI ADESINA RE-ELECTED AS AfDB PRESIDENT
Dr. Akinwumi A. Adesina will serve a second five-year term as President of the African Development Bank Group, after his relection by the Board of Governors during the 2020 Annual General Meeting. Dr. Adesina has distinguished himself despite the challenges he faced in his re-election bid.
According to the Chairperson of the Board of Governors of the Bank, Mrs. Niale Kaba, Minister of National Planning of Côte d’Ivoire, Dr Adesina received a hundred percent of votes from all regional and non-regional members of the Bank.
This new appoint commences on September 1st, 2020.