- CONSTRUCTION OF LONG AWAITED GUMARE HOSPITAL SET TO KICK IN BOTSWANA
- CONSTRUCTION OF GREATER CAIRO MONORAIL PROJECT AT 90% COMPLETE IN EGYPT
- NIGERIA REPS AND NSE MEMBERS CLASH AT PLENARY SESSION OVER CONCRETE TECHNOLOGY
- GSA TO MONITOR PERFORMANCE OF CEMENT MANUFACTURING COMPANIES TO ENFORCE ITS STANDARD
- CONSTRUCTION OF KANYE STADIUM BEGINS IN BOTSWANA
The Google stations are part of effort to increase its presence in markets, transport hubs, shopping malls, universities and more.
In a post on the company’s website, the Google stations are means to help people in Nigeria and across Africa. Plans are made to will help people benefit from the opportunities the web has to offer.
The Google Stations will be rolling out in 200 locations in five cities across Nigeria by the end of 2019. Among the services in these Google stations will include bringing Wi-Fi to millions of people.
Therefore in the forth quarter of 2017, active GSM internet subscriptions in Nigeria stood at 98,391,456. While the previous quarter’s 92,975,682 active subscribers, showing a 5.82% growth according to the Nigeria Bureau of Statistics (NBS).
Internet subscriptions were on an increasing trend throughout the year 2017, recording a 7.1 per cent growth in subscriptions between December 2016 and December 2017.
Finally, Lagos State recorded the highest active GSM internet subscriptions within the country, with 13,631,562 representing 13.81 per cent of all active internet subscriptions.