- CONSTRUCTION OF FIRST NUCLEAR POWER PLANT TO BEGIN IN KENYA
- RWANDA GOVT. APPROVED US$52MILLION FOR EXPANSION OF KARENGE TREATMENT PLANT
- SOUTH AFRICA SIU SET TO PROBE CONSTRUCTION OF TREATMENT PROJECT
- GOVERNMENT PRIORITISING INVESTMENT IN INFRASTRUCTURE FOR ECONOMIC GROWTH - DEPUTY PRESIDENT, PAUL MASHATILE, AT THE UNESCO 9TH AFRICA ENGINEERING WEEK
- TANZANIA GOVT. SIGN DEAL WORTH 276BILLION FOR TACTIC PROJECTS
Akwa Ibom state have launched Ibom Air
After several months, the Akwa Ibom Government have just launched its new airline company, Ibom Air. The Airline is among Governor Udom Gabriel Emmanuel’s key projects for the state.
Although Ibom Air is completely owned by the Akwa Ibom State Government; its management would be professional and its operations will also align with world best practices. The Airline will provide 400 direct and indirect jobs in the state.
The airline will initially operate within Uyo-Lagos-Abuja routes to boost the state’s economy and tourism. This serves as a good development for the state.
Ibom Air will commence flight operations after the staff training, test run and when the regulatory authorities have certified it fit to fly in the Nigerian airspace.
Moreover, the airline will kick start with three new aircrafts. The Canadair Reginal Jet aircraft moved from Avmax Hanger at YYC Calgary International Airport 2000 Airport Rd NE, Calgary, AB T2E 6W5, Canada and has landed at Uyo today 20th February, 2019.
The first aircraft has just landed QUO.
Now 35 °C
Feels Like: 41 °C
Forecast: 38 / 26 °C
Wind: No wind
Current Time: 20 Feb 2019, 14:04:10
Latest Report: 20 Feb 2019, 13:00
Visibility: 6 km
Pressure: 1010 mbar
Dew Point: 23 °C.#IbomAir #AkwaIbom pic.twitter.com/CvieY9NFmv
— Ibom Air (@IbomAir) February 20, 2019