- CONSTRUCTION OF LONG AWAITED GUMARE HOSPITAL SET TO KICK IN BOTSWANA
- CONSTRUCTION OF GREATER CAIRO MONORAIL PROJECT AT 90% COMPLETE IN EGYPT
- NIGERIA REPS AND NSE MEMBERS CLASH AT PLENARY SESSION OVER CONCRETE TECHNOLOGY
- GSA TO MONITOR PERFORMANCE OF CEMENT MANUFACTURING COMPANIES TO ENFORCE ITS STANDARD
- CONSTRUCTION OF KANYE STADIUM BEGINS IN BOTSWANA
Ethiopia sugar factory renovation set to be completed soon after damage to the roof structure.
The sugar factory which has been in operation since 1970 is undergoing renovation work after the thunderstorm. The thunderstorm cause a lot of damage which seen hotels and supermarket run out of sugar. The factory roof structure was damage due to the thunderstorm but is now undergoing renovation.
Ethiopian Sugar Corporation communication director Gashu Ayichiluhum said “Despite the damages inflicted on the factory, it has gone operational for last three months. He also said that it is due to joint efforts of the government and stakeholders.”
The factory will been engaging in transferring technology and developing human skills apart the refurbishment efforts. The factory which has been producing 136,000 tons of sugar annually which is representing 20 percent of nation sugar consumption.
India company Tessy Engineers and Enterprises is in charge of the renovation work that will see 16 million Birr use to restore the factory. The renovation work is currently 90% complete which will come as a great news to residents in the country.
For more information, go through the following article on GambetaNews.